Thursday, April 11, 2013

CleanseSMART and Clean Eating

I thought I'd give you an update on the cleanse that I'm doing.  It's not one of those crazy "eat nothing and drink water and lemon" kinds, it's one where you take herbal supplements during the day and eat clean. 

Clean eating is a common sense thing....you know, natural foods.  They don't need to be organic, just unprocessed.  Like vegetables (my fave at work is raw broccoli and carrots and cauliflower dipped in hummus), or very lean cuts of meat.  I don't eat that much pork or beef anyway as my digestive system doesn't really digest it very well, so I'm eating chicken, fish and seafood.  Lots of oatmeal (the real stuff, not the instant) with almond milk, legumes and beans, and salads with everything in the bottom of the fridge thrown into them. I'm also not eating any cheese (oh how I miss you!) and drinking little if any milk (sometimes a splash may find its way into my food).  I am eating zero fat yogurt twice a day as well as various fruit.

So I'm now 12 days into the cleanse - today is day 13.  I've lost 4.8 lbs (yay me!), and my irregularity has almost resolved itself (bonus for those of you who suffer as I do sometimes), but most noticeable is that my energy levels have increased.  I have not yet taken my measurements, but figure I will do that after my 30 days are up and let you know if I've lost any (my clothes say yes!).

Is it the Cleanse?  maybe
Is it the Clean Eating?  definitely

Anyhoo, for anyone who is interested, it's called CleanseSMART......it's a 30 day regime....which I'm supplementing with FibreSMART.

That's my plug for the day/week/month!

Happy "is it Spring yet" Thursday!?

1 comment:

Tracker