Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Excitement!.....and choices!

I have a special project that I'm working on for work - and the final product gets presented (by me) on May 7th....can't tell you what it is yet, but if it works out it could be fabulous!

So I did the check in with the body/mind thing when I got home yesterday - conclusion - no exercise for me because my back was achy (the "you did too much physical stuff the last few days" kind of achy - not the "oh, no, now you've thrown out your back again" kind)....so I listened to my body, took care of a few household chores (like got my ironing finished and put away the ironing board), mended a few items for the kids, made a few alterations on things that have been waiting for me to have a minute, and then did some "homework" for the project I'm working on at work.

Then I turned out my lights at 9:30 and slept like a baby! Awake before the alarm this morning...5:58am.....the same time I tend to wake up most mornings......so my next babystep is to actually get myself out of bed when I wake up because I always feel good at that time.....this morning, I waited for the alarm (and fell back asleep), then pushed the snooze button.....and didn't feel anywhere near as refreshed when I finally got up at 6:40am.....silly really.

When I get home today, I'm going to:

1) check with the body & mind to see if I'm a "go" for a good workout - if yes, then JUST DO IT!
2) do some book work for the farms (pay them there bills!)
3) find something creative to do with my daughters this evening......and watch The Biggest Loser!

Now, choices.....that's something that keeps popping up. Yesterday I made some unwise choices re food....but I tracked it, had the points, and moved on. Today, I spent a few minutes and planned what I was going to eat (partly at the grocery store after work yesterday as well)....and voilà - today, I'm at a loss with what I should eat to finish off my 2.5 points to meet my daily allowance! Maybe I'll have a glass of wine with dinner.....because frankly, I don't need any more veggies or fruit.....I think I'll hit 10 before the end of the day as it is.

Water is going down like nothing today (already had 1/2 of what I need to drink today) and I feel in control! GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tracker