Saturday, January 1, 2011

So much to do.....and Happy New Year!

As we welcome in a new year, so many of us work ourselves into a tizzy trying to figure out what we did so wrong last year to make January 1st the beginning of the rest of our lives! Well.....I was doing just great, actually, but for some reason I seem to have used the holiday season this year to just throw in the towel and eat....and eat....and eat (like that's news to any of us!).

BUT, this year was a bit different for me because I was actually conscious of how I felt while eating....I could tell when I was full and I could stop when I was full. How cool is that? My inner self is getting air time, so to speak....I can hear myself from the inside out....and I'm paying attention!

SO, I feel that 2010 was a great year for me, as I've relearned a very valuable skill.

Now, having said all of that, I've also relearned that sitting on my @ss for two weeks and doing very little heavy physical exercise of any kind is NOT good for me. My arthritis is bothering me - not screaming at me, just reminding me that I NEED TO STAY ACTIVE. How cool is that? Again I can hear myself and I'm paying attention!

So, I'm easing back into exercising, and weight loss. I've gained 6.4 lbs over the holidays, but I think it's going to quickly hit the road when I get back to tracking tomorrow and drinking water instead of, well, other stuff I've been drinking (in moderation, but calorie-laden nevertheless).

2011 is going to be THE year for me......I'm going to take what I've learned in 2010, hone those listening skills, add a substantial amount of exercising and menu planning, and am going to actually finally get this lovely body of mine to where it deserves to be.

I'm going to be playing with some of my friends, both on-line and in real life, and looking and giving support while I figure out the exact perfect formula for me.

Here's to making 2011 the year for you as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tracker