Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Back and Grounded!

Literally.....grounded......down on my hands and knees, playing in zee mud!

I love spring.....gardening is one of my passions and I've been going at my huge gardens with a vengeance.....basically told all of my teens that they're in charge of food and clean-up from now on because I have better things to do with my life. Took chicken breast out of the freezer this morning - they're going to make fajitas for supper tonight....and call me when it's ready! Did the same last night as well.....GRIN!

I'm learning to try not to sweat the small stuff.....walking away when I just don't need to obsess....and after a few months of trying it....it seems to be working!

So................my friend Syl was talking about clean eating. Funny....I was having the same thoughts myself. In the past (five years ago when I first started WW and was successful at it), it was all about clean eating. The cleaner I ate, the more I lost....the more I lost, the more I was focused and and the better I felt physically......and I get away from this why? Interesting question....

This next six weeks at the office is intense for me, and I'm trying so hard to take it in stride. I also have a job interview this week that I'm so stressed about, so I need to put it in a good place and stop freakin' out about it! Thursday 3pm, it will all be over, for better or worse.

Back to the gardens and my sanity salvation.....when I get home from work! Yesterday, I ended up outside by 4:30....and got very busy....only came in from the outdoors and greenhouse at 8:46! and I thought it was 7:30. Lots of exercise in what I was doing yesterday - and I'm going to do more of the same thing tonight!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....gotta love spring!

1 comment:

  1. you are going to knock them dead..remember we had a deal....????

    ReplyDelete

Tracker