Tuesday, February 5, 2013

So I decided to cut myself some slack

and stop obsessing over what the scale says, that I MUST do this and CAN'T do that.

I have a lot on my plate at work right now and need to stay focused on getting through what I need to get through.  Adding stress about eating, working out, and sleeping enough is not going to help this.

So, a few days ago, I decided - enough already.

So..............Superbowl Sunday, I overate - thankyouverymuch carbs.  Moving on.

Yesterday...........made and packed a healthy lunch.  Got home from work (starting the day with a 7am meeting) and was exhausted.  Changed into my housecoat and sat on the couch to watch some mindless TV.  Nobody was home.......so I just decided - NAP TIME!   A short while later, while I was still sitting there feeling useless, my daughter came home and looked at me and said "gym."  To be perfectly honest it was the absolute last thing I wanted to do.  Really. 

End result:  50 minutes of hard cardio!  Yes folks, I did it!  Feel so much better for it too.

Today:  started off similarly (minus the 7am meeting) - healthy food made/packed, stressful day at work to get through.

Tonight:  I made a pact with my kid.......gym at 7:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tracker