Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bring it! Day 1

Wow, it's really hard to get back in the game. I spent most of yesterday wrapping up my little pitty party.....and I LET myself watch mindless stupidity on TV most of the day and puttered doing little things around the house on and off as well. When I said I LET myself, I mean, I gave myself the freedom to just "be." No "oh, I must do this, or I can't forget to do that." Nope, that's not going to help me cut stress out. I need to learn how to just "be."

I'm not going to kid you....doing "nothing" was really, really hard for me. But this morning, I had also promised myself that I needed to reboot TODAY and that whatever my health throws at me is okay, as long as I take whatever cognitive measures I can to stack the odds in my favour.

So, welcome to Day 1........this is "THE" Day 1 of Day1s......and those of you who have started, restarted, and started yet again, will understand.......this is IT folks.

1. I've chosen to reboot the 17DD today because it works for me. I lost and maintained an 18 lb loss last year.......I've unfortunately hit one of those bumps in the road that life deals us sometimes...and regained about 14 of it. NOT GOING TO LET THIS STICK! NOT!

2. Going to the gym for a workout with my trainer after work today.

3. Water....yes, drinking lots and lots of water (oh, have to go refill the bottle again).

4. Taking a lunch each day - yes, I'm going to walk as many lunchhours as I can every week so that I break the bad habit I have of sitting at my desk and either working or cruising the 'net.

5. Slowly ramping up supplements that I will be taking likely for the rest of my life. Don't want to start taking a fist-full on the first day, so will ramp back up to taking my multi, vit d, calcium for the first two days, and then add various other supplements that have been identified as being very helpful for this condition over the next week or so.

6. Stress relief........it's spring! I absolutely could live out in my gardens, so I will be making a date with myself for an hour or three of detoxing gardening/working in the greenhouse every single day. Nice thing is that if it's cooler or raining, I can work in the greenhouse and stay out of the cold!

This is me......baby steps......one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tracker