Monday, May 3, 2010

I was late for work today....

....on purpose. I got on the bathroom scale this morning......I haven't been on it in about a month....it told me the truth. 173 (no decimals). It hasn't shown me to be over 168 since 2004........at first I couldn't believe it....I moved it across the floor and tried again, but invariable, there it was.

THUMP!

Reality check......yes, I have regained a lot of weight in a short period of time....okay, maybe only 8 lbs, but in 2.5 months? NOT good.

THUD! That's me smacking myself upside the head. I knew I was eating out of control....I knew it. I didn't seem to care.

TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE.

I'm owning the 173....and I have planned and tracked ALL food intake for the next 3 days. Will stay 2-3 days ahead of the game to ensure I have what I need in the fridge.

Yesterday, when I went into the grocery store, I consciously shopped around the perimeter of the store. I had a list of things I needed from the internal parts of the store (flour, sugar, cereal) and I stuck to the list like it was a lifeline.

1L down the hatch already.....lemon/lime slices in my purple water bottle to make it that much more appealing....




....I was late for work because I decided to STOP what I was doing midlessly and sit down and make a plan.

I have now tracked my food for today, planned my exercise and I'm offffffff...........on my way to a successful weight-loss and a healthy body!

Off for a 30 minute walk around campus in a few minutes......will be doing my favourite journey - hills and stairs!

Tonight - gardening is on deck.....a gazillion WW APs in that.....I'm expanding one of my flower beds which means lots of shovelling and digging and hauling dirt in the wheelbarrow.

Later gators!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tracker