Monday, April 26, 2010

SPRING HAS SPRUNG!

So sorry for shouting, but I think spring is here and will finally stick.

How do I know? Well, I have this absolutely fabulous Magnolia tree in my front yard (I'll try to remember to take a photo of it later today if it's not raining)....well, every year, it comes out in bloom and POOF! We get a killer frost that nearly wipes it out.....then next day - warm again?! True to form, it happened again.....BUT, because it has been so much warmer earlier this year, it wasn't quite in full bloom when it froze, so I'm hoping that by tomorrow it will be gorgeous again.

Busy time at home for us now.....I live on a farm for those of you who don't know. Seedlings in the greenhouse for my gardens need to be transplanted....LOVE the solitude of being alone in the greenhouse and playing in the dirt. Lots of "free" exercise in the form of squats, heavy lifting and lots of stretching! This evening, after work, that's where I'm headed!

1 comment:

  1. Shout all you want. Spring has sprung and I, for one, am very happy about it too.

    I also loved your description of poutine. I read it to my husband. I wonder if I can find any pictures of it online. That does sound like a heart attack waiting to happen. The fact that it involves cheese curds has me interested in trying them out...you know, maybe a bite. Ha!

    Good thing they're in Canada.

    Hope you're having another beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete

Tracker