Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Power of Commitment

So as you saw by my last post, I've come to the realization that enough is enough and time to plan and execute is the end result. Sounds simple, eh?

Well, maybe it really is. I'm a daily weigher...yup, first thing in the morning - I jump, okay maybe not jump, and I look at the number and it kind of validates the kind of day/feeling I had the day before and sets me on my way for that day. Some people can handle looking at the scale daily, and apparently I am one of those. It doesn't phase me. I'm happy when it's down, but I acknowledge the "whys" if it goes up. I've finally come to the point where I'm okay if it goes up....because I know that generally, I'm doing the right things to get healthier and one of these days it will start moving down and STAYING down again!

This past week - I've worked out with my trainer three times, I've been eating clean foods only since Monday and I will acknowledge that I can definitely do much better on water consumption. It's cold and I don't like drinking a lot of water when I'm not warm! Stress...well, work stress is definitely there, but I'm doing some fun things that I enjoy - Saturday night I made a baby quilt for my partner's cousin who is expecting in March. It was fun to just sit in my sewing area and just play (and darn it all, I forgot to take a picture!).

This next few days - more workouts, more watching volleyball tournaments that my youngest daughter is playing in (and cheering like a mad woman from the stands). More clean eating and likely a bit of closet reorganization and more sewing. Going to keep work stress AT work and not invite it to come home with me - a great way of that I have found is a good solid workout at the end of my work day.....

Off to Florida in a few weeks (less than 2 now), so am going to stick with my above plan until we leave. The condo in Florida is a place to complete destress and just putter...a bit of golf, long walks on the beach, some swimming and pool-side lounging. We shop almost daily for fresh seafood/fish and farm produce and just kick back and just, well, just be, I guess.

On the gym side of things - my trainer and I are starting interval training! Yes I am going to learn to run. Have even planned on joining the Running Room's Women's Learn to Run Program starting mid-March........wow, guess now that I've written it down, it's going to be done!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tracker