Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Perspective......

I'm 50.

In the past month, I've learned that a mother of one of my daughter's friends, who is 10 years younger them me, just had breast cancer surgery. Then on Friday last week, a former co-worker, who is 5 years younger than me, was diagnosed with breast cancer. And the news keeps coming - yesterday, a local lady who runs a crew that picks our peppers on the farm called DSO to let him know that she's won't be back this year as she's in late-stage pancreatic cancer and has less than a month to live.

WOW........really puts things into perspective - I am so lucky to be 50 and have my health.

It's time to take charge of my life - I had been making significant changes to my diet and re-embracing formal workouts. I'm now taking my total lifestyle changes and making them priority 1 in my life - going to keep focused, keep the promises I've made to myself and make these changes PERMANENT.

On that note - my first workout with my trainer was last night - incredible. Squats.....and core.......lots and lots of core. Reps and sets.....to the point where I could do no more.....thought I'd worked too hard when I finished last night. I've discovered this morning that I'm a little sore, but nowhere near the point I thought I would be. I'm very encouraged because apparently, my core is a lot stronger than I gave it credit for! My workout was awesome.

Other changes I've noticed have stuck:

1. When I get home from work I no longer feel the need to graze my way through the kitchen.
2. I've been eating a great breakfast at home every morning and I feel great because of it.
3. Limiting carbs has given me renewed energy (clean eating à la 17 DD)
4. I don't struggle to fill my lunch bag with lunch and snacks each and every day at work - my wallet is thankful and so is my waistline.

That's me, putting my life into perspective........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tracker