Friday, July 17, 2009

Things happen for a reason

I firmly believe that sometimes, things are meant to be.

Last night, went to the gym with my friend Gail and lo and behold, right next door, they were adding a new WW meeting to their schedule....on Thursdays.....when we're at the gym. So we went into the gym, did a shorter workout, then went to the meeting.....and I've now recommitted for 6 months.......

Wi was a bit of a shocker at first, until I decided to follow the advice I've given to many others over the years - it's only a starting point....what the number is really doesn't matter, it's committing to making it change downwards that does matter.

So, 170.8 is my start weight (now I usually WI on Sunday mornings with no clothing on, this was Thursday after work, obviously fully clothed!).

Watch out scale, I'm gunnin' for ya! DOWN into the 160s is the theme for next week. DOWN, I say!

1 comment:

  1. That's fantastic! I need to recommit to an actual meeting, too. I found one on Mondays and then stopped going so I could go to aquafit instead. I tried Saturday mornings but that just didn't work. Now that I feel like my eating, etc., seems back in control, perhaps I will try the Saturday morning meeting again.

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. I am loving my new cat.

    love,
    JB

    ReplyDelete

Tracker