Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Stress.....

So, stress......it's one of those things that is sometimes good and pushes you to accomplish things, and sometimes bad and sends your blood pressure to the boiling point and inhibits your ability to see things clearly.

I have a very demanding life......too much so at times. I work full time, I live on a working farm (and I help when I'm not at work) and I own and operate my own seasonal farm business with my partner. Things are finally winding down for the farm season.....however, my full-time job is in academia and it's crazy season at work for all of us now. Basically, I guess I'm saying that I'm crazy busy and don't find time to do things I love to do.

Personal life stress comes and goes as well.....stress with kids, your significant other, well, you get the picture.

So, I'm doing things right:

1. I'm eating clean - mostly following 17DD with an occasional indulgence.
2. I'm working out at the gym 3-4 times per week with my absolute fave trainer - she totally gets me which is awesome.

I'm not losing weight. Hmmmmmmmm......................
I am losing inches though, so I'm trying very hard to not let the lack of weight loss itself get to me because I can feel and see so many positive changes with what I've been doing. But you know, the scale, being the evil thing that it is, well, I'd really, really, really (really!) love it to move down a tad......

........which brings me to - CORTISOL - well, I'm likely borderline (if not full-blown) suffering from chronic stress......it's not pretty and lately I haven't been dealing with any additional stress well at all.

If you do some reading on Cortisol and Stress.......well, it's clear that although 1 & 2 above are definitely going to get me to a healthier place.......I need to add another to the list and put it up as my first priority. STRESS MANAGEMENT.......I need down time, I need time to unwind, relax, and just be.......

Stay tuned as I figure this one out! Last night's first attempt was: send DSO and his son out for dinner just the two of them while I light candles and soaked in a bubble bath......that's day 1. Today I will spend some time doing something just for me as well.....just not quite sure what that will be yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tracker